THE resolution of the four cases seeking to remove former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos Jr. from the presidential race will come out after the May 9, 2022 polls.
This after the Commission on Elections announced at the weekend that it decided to defer releasing the decision in three of the said cases to accommodate the fourth one.
“I received the fourth case last Thursday. On Friday, I already made my vote in the said case,” Comelec Chairman Saidamen B. Pangarungan said at a press conference at the National Board of Canvassers at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) on Sunday.
The poll chief said the Comelec en banc was no longer able to promulgate the decision last week for lack of time.
“Rest assured that by Tuesday (May 10), the first working day of next week, we will promulgate four disqualification cases,” Pangarungan said.
The first three Motion for Reconsiderations (MR) on Marcos cases, which were initially resolved by the Comelec en banc, included the consolidated disqualification cases filed by Akbayan, Abubakar Mangelen, and Bonifacio Ilagan; the petition to declare Marcos as nuisance candidate by Danilo Lihaylihay; the petition to cancel candidacy of Marcos by Fr. Christian Buenafe.
The fourth MR was filed by the Ilocano group led by Margarita Salandanan.
The four cases were already dismissed by the Comelec First and Second Division.
Comelec earlier committed to come out with the ruling of the first three MRs on Marcos-related cases before the election day.Comelec earlier said if Marcos wins in the 2022 polls but is eventually disqualified, the elected vice president will likely replace him instead of the second placer in the presidential race.